Saturday, March 20, 2010

And finally...

I finally finished Luca's gift this weekend, and not a moment too soon!! His birthday was on Monday, but luckily his party wasn't until today, so I had an extra 6 hours to get it finished! Phew!



I had the idea to make a blanket showing his first year, around Christmas time and since then I've been getting a little bit made here and there. Although it's not perfect, I'm chuffed with the finished blanket, and I'm pretty sure my sister liked it...oh and Luca too!



It's made up of patterned and plain squares; embroidered pieces and photographs, which I transferred onto fabric using Inkjet Iron On Transfers Paper, which I bought here. It was really easy to use, although I did have to rope Karl into the photoshop bit (cropping, reversing and printing the photographs!) - thanks honey!

-this is the back



- and as it is Luca's day, and I'm a smitten Auntie, here are some cute birthday boy pictures...



Iggle Piggle - sweet and sugary

Luca drooling over his birthday cake!


Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment